Photoshop Assignment #6

In the 6th Photoshop assignment, I followed four tutorials to produce a total of three custom images. For the first part of this assignment, I followed two simple Photoshop tutorial to create my "Pop of Color" and "Polaroids" images. Both these tutorials were quite simple and didn't take me that long. For the second part of this assignment, I found my own custom tutorials to alter an image. I found a tutorial on how to turn a daytime photo into a gorgeous nighttime photo, which was the primary tutorial I followed. In order to actually accomplish that tutorial, I also had to follow a separate tutorial on how to isolate an advanced selection. While I found these tutorials quite difficult, especially since I chose to find and use my own resources (as opposed to the ones provided by the tutorial), I think my final image turned out wonderful. 




"Nighttime" Photoshop Tutorials
Edited Photograph

Original Photograph
(Stock Image)

Here are the links to the tutorials I followed in order to accomplish the daytime to nighttime conversion:

Nighttime Tutorial:
https://www.psdstack.com/photoshop-tutorials/photo-manipulation/create-starry-night-scene-photoshop/

Advanced Selection Tutorial:
https://www.psdstack.com/photoshop-tutorials/basic/top-3-selection-techniques-in-adobe-photoshop/

"Polaroid" Photoshop Tutorial
Edited Photo
Original Photo

"Pop of Color" Photoshop Tutorial
Edited Photo
Edited Photo

This photoshop assignment really taught me a lot. While there were many interesting techniques utilized in the tutorial I chose to do, I'd say by far the most important thing I learned was advance selection technique that utilized channels and calculations. Basically, this technique allows for the very detailed selection of a complex silhouette, like a tree. I'm not sure I could explain what every step did, but I could definitely follow the tutorial again if the need for such a selection arose. I also learned a lot about different adjustment layers and blending modes from the nighttime tutorial. Overall, I loved this photoshop assignment and I loved exploring just how creative photoshop allows you to be. 

Comments

  1. I like NightTime because it's so pretty and cool and I like the NightTime colors
    and The Light too and Good Job

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts