Photo Assignment #3: Landscape

For my third photo assignment, I was originally planning to do event photography at Homecoming, but that didn't work out, so I chose to take landscape photography instead. I took all of these photos in Mill Pond Park, which was the only "landscape" that I was able to go to. I know the subject matter isn't the most interesting landscape (it's just trees and water) but I still think it turned out nice. Unfortunately, all the pictures look slightly blurry to me, which I think might be a side effect of the subpar camera I was using.

Best Photo
Aperture: f/8.0    Shutter Speed: 1/320    ISO: 200


I had to heavily edit this photo to make it look better. The photo was originally much too dark, so I made adjustments to the brightness, contrast, and levels to make it look lighter. In addition, I boosted the saturation to make the image look vibrant and colorful. Finally, I slightly colorized the water to give it a blue tint instead of brown so that it would look like it was reflecting the sky.

5 Runner-Ups






The main thing I learned from this assignment was how to retouch outdoor photography. The photo I ended up choosing as my best was at best mediocre before I retouched it to correct for all the lighting issues. What I struggled with throughout the photoshoot was taking pictures where the landscape was still visible without the sky appearing completely white. Due to my retouching, I was able to keep the sky blue while also keeping the scene bright. I only wish I knew how to do something about the blur. I'll work to prevent that in future photo shoots.

Comments

  1. Your photo retouching is really well done, I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't pointed it out! I think your scene is really beautiful, and the composition is good, especially in how the river splits across the photo. The blurs are a little noticeable but not too distracting. I wish you had moved a bit so it didn't seem as if the bench was smushed right up against the frame. Other than that, I think your photo is really strong, and it's aesthetically pleasing to look at. It definitely gives off a vibe of serenity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts